Monday 24 June 2013

When is a chip just a potato?

I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder at the moment about, well, chips.

I'm often disappointed at misleading menus promising "Chunky Chips!" "Handcut Chips!", when the reality is nothing more a few potatoes chopped in half. There is a lazy hand cutting those chips, I tell you! 

For example, The Landsdowne.

(apologies for the poor lighting)





I must add that this chip was not even the biggest in the portion. 

The menu advertised "Our Own Chunky Chips". This chip is twice the size of a roast potato. 

It's a subjective, some may say contentious, topic - fry fan or chunky monkey - how d'ye like yer chups? Send me your reviews.

Want to become a regular reviewer? Apply below to become one of our Wee Apple Chipsters, and enjoy all the perks!*




*Perks DO NOT include monetary payment, reimbursement, holidays, or pension scheme. You may, however, become famous in Alaska.


No comments:

Post a Comment