Monday 24 June 2013

There was this one time, at the Necropolis...

Those who know me will know that, for the last month, I've been a one-stop Glasgow Necropolis fact machine.

One of my top top top recommendations, whether you live in Glasgow or are just visiting, is the guided tour of the Necropolis

As our tour guide, Annette, would say, it's a real who's-who of the Glasgow elite! (circa 19th Century of course!) 

Don't let the length (2.5 hours) put you off - my attention span is extremely short, but I was truly enthralled. So much so, that I'm going for a third time next month! 

Did you know that Charles Rennie Mackintosh's first commission is in the Necropolis? Probably not, as they don't tend to mention it in the books! Here it is:


I won't bore you with the rest of my slide-show. Book the tour, but don't forget the Kleenex as it can be a bit of an emotional rollercoaster!



No comments:

Post a Comment